Saturday, July 16, 2005

The girl and her pearls...

pearly

Saturday 17th July 1990, 2.34pm
Sarah's mom took little Sarah out to town to get some shopping done. As they strolled along the shops, from one to the other, Sarah's eyes caught hold of this pretty pink necklace made up of huge pearls being displayed at the window of a gift shop. Little Sarah went home and began to save up some money for it. She had such determination in her heart that one day, she will be the owner of that pretty pink plastic necklace.

5 months later,
Sarah went back to the shop with her mother together with the money that she has saved up for the necklace. She went home with such joy in her heart. The necklace has turned into one of her precious posession that she wore it around her neck twenty four seven.
One night, after the usual bed-time stories, Sarah's dad said to Sarah;
"Sarah, do you truly love me?"
Sarah replied; "Yes dad, I love you."
"If you do love me, can you give me your necklace?"
With hesitation, Sarah replied "Erm..dad...I love you but..but...this necklace is precious to me. I'm sorry dad..I could give you my toys, my dolls but please, don't take away this necklace from me."
"It's ok, Sarah. You can keep the necklace".
He kissed her on her forehead and said goodnight.
The next night before Sarah was being put to bed, her dad came up to her and said;
"Sarah, do you truly love me?"
Sarah replied; "Yes dad, you know I love you very much."
"If you do love me, can I have the necklace that you are wearing around your neck?"
Once again, Sarah replied, "Dad, I love you but I'm really sorry. You can have whatever you want in this room but please don't take away this necklace from me. I love this necklace so much. I do hope you understand, dad."
"Alright then, Sarah. You can keep the necklace".
He kissed her on her forehead and said goodnight.
The next night, as Sarah's dad was approaching the bedroom, he found her sitting on her bed with tears rolling down her cheeks. He immediately went over to Sarah and placed his arms over her.
"What's wrong Sarah? Why are you crying?"
In the palm of her hands were the necklace that she adored most.
"I'm sorry dad. You can have my necklace."
Sarah's dad then took the necklace from her hands. And in his pocket, he took out this beautifully wrapped package and handed it over to Sarah.
Sarah began to open it slowly...and in her hands were the most beautiful, delicate necklace she has ever seen in her life. It was made up of real pearls.

In life, we're very much like Sarah in the story. We do still hold on to things, things that become so precious to us that we find it so hard to let go when God requires us of it. Yet, I see a God who is ever so patient, so loving as He awaits for us to hand over our 'plastic pearl necklace' to Him so that in return, He could give us something so much better in its depth and value. God longs to bless by giving us His very best in our lives.

'Are you still holding back the 'plastic pearl necklace' in your life this moment?'

1 Comments:

Blogger Yee Boon said...

Sis ar, i think i heard this story b4 ^^ from my pastor ^^

5:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home