Friday, April 15, 2005

Scary yet exciting

Both pey-li and I was at Sorrento for scuba diving last weekend. It wasn't as what I have expected it to be. There weren't many fishes in the sea and the water wasn't clear. The overall experience was quite fun and scary at the same time. It's like a whole new world out there. What scared me were the equipments and the amount of weights that I had to carry . The thoughts of 'how could this be possible?',' would I sink in that?" flooded across my mind. The SCARIEST part were times where I couldn't control my breathing properly, was choking when I tried to hold my breath (5-7 feet under water) that I eventually pull off my mouth piece and tried swimming up to the surface.In that split second, I was in such desperation to reach towards the surface. I was choking badly after all the salt water that I have swallowed. It somehow seemed ages to actually swim towards the light source. I now know a little about that feeling of being in a helpless state where you would just pray that someone would get you out of there immediately. I'm so glad that I had an amazing instructor with me. She has been so encouraging especially at times when I wanted to give up. It felt as though she was like one of those heaven-sent angels where I wouldn't know what to do without her. After that one breathless state that I was in, she did asked me gently if I would want to try it again. She suggested that the other option we could do is to just swim close to the surface. Somewhat, I just didn't want to quit there and then. Overall, I had about 5 times of breathless state. I guess I'm quite a stubborn person myself in one way or another that I just didn;t want to quit there and then. I just wanted to push myself forward until i get the hang of it. haha...Anyways, I do hope that my experience would not frighten those of you who want to scuba dive in days to come. Honestly, it has been quite a good experience for me and I'm sure it would be for you guys too. Just go with a heart, well-prepared for the challenge. AS long as you practise your breathing right, you'll have NO problem at all. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home