Monday, February 07, 2005

Remember me

I was going through my usual quite time and this particular verse in Jeremiah 31: 19-21 began to speak into my heart.
The verse pulled me back to the e-mail that was sent a couple of days ago about entering this open pathway. As I began to reflect and pondered upon it, I soon noticed how these small little pieces are coming together to form a much bigger picture in my life.

“After I strayed, I repented;
After I came to understand, I beat my breast.
I was ashamed and humiliated because I bore the disgrace of my youth.
Is not Ephraim my dear son,
The child in whom I delight?
Though I often speak against him,
I still remember him.
Therefore my heart years for him;
I have great compassion for him,”
Declares the Lord.
“Set up road signs; out up guideposts.
Take note of the highway, the road that you take.
Return, O Virgin Israel, return to your towns.”


Once again, I’ve been reminded of God’s great compassion and that His love fails not. And although there were so many times that I have forgotten, forsaken Him, He still remembers me. The astonishing fact is that even if we try to run away from God and hide away from His presence, you’ll end being found by Him first. I guess it’s like when you’re playing hide and seek with Jesus, He’ll be counting, giving you the opportunity and the freedom to choose where you want to hide. But at the same time, He knows the place that you are about to hide in. I have failed to see that the God who knew and saw my unformed body is the very same God of yesterday, today and forevermore. How could God possibly forgets us when His own hands have first molded our DNA, painted our smiles, gave us a heart…He’s the ultimate fashion designer of our lives! As a graphic design student myself, I could not possibly have forgotten any of my artwork because each stroke, each line were far too precious and important to me regarding of all the time and effort that I have put into them. I remembered how I cried over an artwork when it went missing during my second year and I had to redo the assignment all over again. Times when I struggled because I cared so much that all I wanted was to give out my very best in each work that was created. If my work could inflict such great emotions in my life, how much more would you think our heavenly Father thinks and feels about us? Immeasurably more than we could have possibly imagine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home