Saturday, February 05, 2005

How could I live without You

I was going through my compilation of CDs and cassettes the other day and I got hold of this album "Unspeakable Joy" from Paradise Worship Live IV. It took me a while to actually realize that it was recorded at Paradise Church, where the Planet Shakers team came from. See what happens when you don't read the cover title and the contents properly? haha..you'll probably would end up like me. Nevertheless, this particular song by Sam Evans spoke to the very core of my heart while I was listening to it on my bed that night. It was something in which I needed to hear to be reminded of God's mercy and love for me. I was practically living in self-condemnation, guilt and fear during the past few weeks because of the words that I have said, actions and decisions that I have acted upon. It was such a heavy baggage and that for some reason, I knew I had to let it go completely and give it back to Jesus, to where it really belongs to. A friend that I spoke to that night reminded me not to loose heart but to fix my eyes back on the cross. It felt as though I was being reawaken in my spirit once again where I began to grasp on the fact that I was loosing sight of the cross all this while. The problems and issues that took place was bigger that God's picture, God's promises in my life. Life would simply loose its meaning when you loose sight of what matters most the minute you wake up from your bed until the day ends. I'm so glad that God did not leave out on the story of the Prodigal's son. What a loving heavenly Father we all have to receive us with wide open arms whenever we run back home.

How Could I Live Without YOU

How could I live without You
How would I survive
Without Your live, without Your touch
You're the one that heals me
That cleanses my heart
And sets me free

Now I come right before You
With my hands lifted up
And my heart humbly bowed
At your work on the cross
As You hung there and died
You were paying the price
For my life, for my life

For Your love
is higher than the heavens
Deeper than the sea
All I want is You in my life
NO-one else
Can satisfy my soul
Can make me feel this way
Only You Lord, Only You

1998 Sam Evans
Unspeakable Joy

*Just want to thank you, Mei-I, for being there for me. I took your advice and it was music and tears all the way on that same night! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home