Monday, January 01, 2007

Mine in His

If I were to write about my story in 2006, what would I be writting on?
I could either write about my turmoil state or the peace that came within as I laid my head in bed.
I could either write about close doors or open ones that were far much better than anything that I could asked for or imagined.
I could either write about my endless effort into making things happen or the miracles, grace and favour of my Saviour.
I could either write about the heartcries of the broken hearted at night or the restoration of a joyous new song that breaks forth in the morning.
I could either write about the loneliness or the company of my Best Friend that is far better than life.
I could either write about my destinations or the process in that journey with stops for Mac Ds, breadrolls, sunshines, escalators, photo lenses, beaches, children's laughters, acoustic guitars, people..
I could either write about shattered dreams and desires or the promises of a Father who breathes life into the dead.
I could either write about many celebrations or the declaration and covenant of His neverending love for me.
I could either write about the story of a 23 year old girl doing ordinary stuff; heartaches at paying bills, movie marathons, chasing after trams, dancing in the street, loving the acoustic sessions..
or the story of a 23 year old girl living out the extraordinary in the ordinary.

and that was my 2006 story, embedded in my lover's story.

5 Comments:

Blogger Casey said...

Nice entry! Welcome to the new season of 2007! :) Oh yah nice song btw...

10:13 AM

 
Blogger hweun said...

hahah..thanx...hey hey, blessed new year to you too!!

10:17 AM

 
Blogger prettypetals.inc said...

Happy New Year. How u been doing? Hope u had a good Christmas as well over there. Keep in touch!

6:50 AM

 
Blogger hweun said...

hey..i'm good..hope all is well with you too!

7:44 PM

 
Blogger hweun said...

hey sue ann...thanx! yeah..we've gotta catch up in kl if i get to come back. =)

6:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home