Thursday, November 02, 2006

lemon twist

Do you remember the last time you had butterflies in your tummy?
I had it, just right today. With only 4 hours of sleep, I had no clue how I was going to go through today's challenge. It was a morning where everything was supposed to be perfect and well prepared, a morning where you would just hit off with the right words, right clothings, right weather.
I...was found no where close to any of that.
What I had with me was my portfolio bag, written notes being highlighted and a mind that was trying so hard to construct proper English sentences. The last thing that came to mind was this - 'Scrap off all that you are trying to memorize and just be yourself'. And I think I did just that. Being myself was a sense of relief. Trying to be someone that I'm not was like trying to squeeze myself into a smaller dress size that didn't fit me at all. I wouldn't say the whole session was perfect, but it was an experience that I've learnt (am still learning) that my Heavenly Father still comes and take hold of my hand. An experience that I was reminded to be myself, yes..the girl who knew why she wasn't made for business or an accountant, where coats and suits can never beat the comfy old school t-shirts and sneakers! :)
thank you for the prayers and smses guys! Couldn't have done it today without having a bunch of supportive people right by my side.

'In the midst of a day being planned,
He hops in to breathe grace upon my agenda
with a tangy sweet lemon twist...'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home