Wednesday, June 25, 2008

expectations

I sometimes wished that parents would take some time to listen, take notice and learn more about their kids. It's sad when they placed their own expectations on them, wanting their kids to be this and that..if only they could see how potential their kids really are in other areas.
I sometimes wondered if any of those conversations that I've been having with my students really made any sense. I do struggle in finding the right words to say. It's hard to make them understand the whole point of it if all they could see is this tiny little world.

Maybe i've not been a parent myself, and perhaps if I do happen to be one day, i might have those expectations on them. But I pray that God will give me the wisdom to train and develop those gifts and treasures that He has given my kids.

*Proverbs 22:6 Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.

*seriously, i think some parents do need a wake-up call.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home